Calling All Young Artists! Submissions Now Open For #Fuelchange4kids Art Contest
Sponsored by ECOS® in partnership with Green For All, nationwide contest seeks kids’ art that showcase their vision for a zero-emissions future
Cypress, Calif., May 13, 2019 – Earth Friendly Products®, maker of ECOS® Laundry Detergent and more than 200 other environmentally friendly products, announced today the #FuelChange4Kids Art contest is open for submissions. Sponsored by ECOS® in partnership with Green For All, the contest seeks drawings, paintings and illustrations from talented young artists in K-12 (ages 5-17) that reflect its theme: creative solutions to transportation pollution. The deadline for submitting work is July 24, 2019.
Green For All is mobilizing a movement of people across the country to fight climate change and improve health by bringing zero-emissions electric cars, trucks and buses to underserved neighborhoods. Communities across America are getting sick from tailpipe pollution from diesel- and gas-powered vehicles. Because art has the power to inspire and move people to action, #FuelChange4Kids is one way Green For All is getting the next generation involved in the movement for a zero-emissions future.
The contest challenges children to answer the question “What does it mean to #FuelChange in your neighborhood?” Through #FuelChange4Kids, youth are encouraged to bring their creativity and imagination to solutions for transportation pollution and show what cleaner air and healthier neighborhoods look like in their community.
Three participants will be selected to have their artwork featured on ECOS® products in stores in April 2020 during an Earth Month promotional campaign. The selected young artists will be invited to attend a special event at Earth Friendly Products’ headquarters in Cypress, California, to learn more about how ECOS® products are sustainably produced and manufactured. The prize package will also include a family 4-pack of tickets to Disneyland.
The #FuelChange4Kids online submission portal is now live. Deadline for entries is July 24. To learn more about Green For All’s #FuelChange initiative, visit:
#FuelChange4Kids Submission Guidelines:
- Original artwork only
- Use crayons, markers, colored pencils, oil pastels, watercolor or paint for artwork
- Artwork should be produced on 8.5” x 11” paper and fit the theme: Solutions to transportation pollution
- Upload a digital scan of original artwork as a .jpg or .png that is at least 300 DPI or higher using the online portal
- Fill out a basic application certifying the artwork is original and include a photo of the child artist
- Parents must fill out a media release form allowing the art to be used for promotional and educational purposes
ECOS® Grand Prize Experience
- Three participants will be selected to have their artwork featured on ECOS® products in stores in an April 2020 promotional campaign.
- Selected artists (+ up to 3 of their friends and family members) will be invited to a special appreciation event at Earth Friendly Products’ headquarters in Cypress, CA. They will be given an exclusive tour of the sustainable manufacturing facility and chemistry lab to learn how ECOS® products are made. The top 3 artists will also meet leaders at ECOS® and get a sneak peek of their artwork on ECOS® bottles before they hit stores. Airfare and a 2-night hotel stay are included. Plus, they will receive a family 4-pack of tickets to Disneyland.
Top 10 Artists
- The top 10 artists will receive a Green For All x ECOS® swag bag full of goodies and will be featured on Green For All’s website and social media platforms and in other promotional materials.
- The first 50 artists to submit artwork will receive a FREE sticker.
ABOUT EARTH FRIENDLY PRODUCTS®
Family owned and operated since 1967, Earth Friendly Products® is the maker of ECOS® Laundry Detergent and over 200 other environmentally friendly products that are safer for people, pets and the planet. Made with plant-powered ingredients, ECOS® cleaners are thoughtfully sourced, pH balanced, readily biodegradable, easily recyclable, and never tested on animals. Over 100 ECOS® products have received the coveted U.S. EPA Safer Choice certification, which means that every ingredient is the safest in its class and that formulations are effective and demonstrate sustainability without sacrificing quality or performance. ECOS®, Baby ECOS®, ECOS® for Pets! and ECOS® Pro cleaners are available at major club and grocery retailers and natural foods stores throughout the U.S., in over 60 countries and online. Learn more at ecos.com and babyecos.com.
ABOUT GREEN FOR ALL
Green For All is a national initiative of The Dream Corps, founded by Van Jones in 2008 to build an inclusive green economy strong enough to lift people out of poverty. It’s mission is to ensure that as we transition to a clean energy economy, communities hit first and worst by pollution are not last and least to benefit from the solutions. Green For All advocates solutions at the local, state and federal level that create more work, wealth, and health for low-income communities and communities of color. Learn more at greenforall.org.