Earth Friendly Products Company Fact Sheet
• What: Earth Friendly Products is the maker of ECOS™ Laundry Detergent and over 200 other environmentally friendly cleaners that are safer for people, pets and the planet.
• Leadership: Family owned and operated since 1967, Earth Friendly Products is led by President and CEO Kelly Vlahakis-Hanks, who continues the company’s legacy as an eco-pioneer while growing it into a leader in the green cleaning industry. She has been internationally recognized for her highly effective leadership and influential voice in the green movement, sustainable manufacturing, and corporate social responsibility.
- Corporate Headquarters:
- Midwestern Division:
- Eastern Division:
- Northwestern Division:
- Global Sales Office:
- Cypress, CA
- Addison, IL
- Parsippany, NJ
- Lacey, WA
- Athens, Greece
• Products: ECOS™, Baby ECOS™, ECOS™ for Pets! and ECOS™ Pro environmentally friendly cleaners. Bestselling products include ECOS™ Laundry Detergent, ECOS™ Dishmate™ Dish Soap, ECOS™ Hand Soap, ECOS™ All Purpose Cleaner and ECOS™ treeless paper products. Sold in over 60 countries.
• Sustainable Manufacturing: Earth Friendly Products is the first company to have achieved the “Triple Crown” of sustainable manufacturing: carbon neutrality, water neutrality, and Platinum Zero Waste certification.
• Sustainable Savings: Earth Friendly Products saves 53 million pounds of carbon dioxide annually and has restored over 10 million gallons of water to critically endangered rivers and wetlands in North America.
• Powering Green Cleaning, Empowering Employees: Earth Friendly Products is a model for high-road employer practices, paying its employees a minimum living wage of $17 an hour since 2014 and providing one of the strongest employee benefits programs in the U.S. (including health insurance, sick and parental leave, and green initiative bonuses).
• Find Us Online: ECOS.com, Facebook @ECOSlaundry, Instagram @ECOSlaundry, and Twitter @EFPclean
Our Proud History
Inspired by our founder Van Vlahakis, we’ve been breaking boundaries in green science since 1967 to make effective and environmentally friendly cleaning products at a fraction of the price of other green cleaners. The inspiring story behind ECOS™ was made into a major motion picture, A Green Story, which “…chronicles the struggles of a Greek émigré who rises from poverty to become the leading inventor of eco-friendly household cleaning solvents.” (Dennis Harvey, Variety)
Company Mission and Promise
We are a team of mothers, fathers, chemists, visionaries and pioneers who passionately believe that everyone should have access to effective and affordable green cleaning products. We promise that our products are free of dyes, pH balanced, readily biodegradable, easily recycled and never tested on animals. ECOS™ products are made in the USA using thoughtfully sourced global ingredients and Zero Waste guidelines.